Saturday, July 12, 2014

DC Comics' Justice League Beyond 2.0 Canceled



Canceled actually is a loaded word, but it sure makes a better headline.  After reading today's wonderful "Justice League Beyond 2.0 #24" it struck me that the series might be ending.  I searched the  intrawebs and could not find anything except a CBR interview from a couple months ago about Batman Beyond going weekly starting with issue #25.  So, I sent a tweet to writer, Christos Gage and he confirmed that the series is indeed over with today's issue.  He is working on a TV Show that he couldn't talk about right now and had to cut back on comics. Congrats to Christos...for making me sad.



If you haven't read Justice League Beyond 2.0 yet, get to it.  You can grab it digitally (how I get it) or in the Batman Beyond Universe print edition collected with Kyle Higgins' Batman Beyond 2.0.  Both books are great and the just finished Justice Lords event was spectacular.

So, thank you Christos for a wonderful series and good luck on the TV project.  Maybe someday you will be able to get back to the Justice League Beyond Universe and give me (I'm selfish) more little Zod.  Poor little Zod.

3 comments:

  1. Man, thanks for posting this. I was trying to figure out if it was ending or not. Man, this makes me sad also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks I was loving the series and it had a great run

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was one of my favorite series, this is terrible news. I too was searching the interwebs to figure out when the next issue was coming out.

    ReplyDelete