Monday, July 28, 2014

Just For The Hell Of It Mondays: Jerk Off Superman's At It Again


I've stated before that I watch a lot of videos of superheroes on the interwebs and I figure most of you do too.  I love fan made shorts and parodies dealing with my DC obsession and seeing the different takes that people have for the characters.  With that there seems to be a general consensus within the fan community that when we're going to parody Superman, he's going to be a jerk off and when we parody Batman he's going to be a dumbass, or someone who has power envy, or both.  Now I can get behind the whole Superman's a jerk off thing, that seems to be a staple in people's minds, but how the hell did we begin this trend of Batman being a dumbass during probably the best heyday of the character's existence?  During Chris Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, the interwebs were swamped with Batman parodies that just played the character off as dumb and even now it seems that this is a cliche that everyone else is using as well.


Me thinks I might have a case of the fanboy-itis and will use this as a way to segue into a true passion of mine.  Calling out Superman to be the jerk off I know he is.  During this week's video that was brought to us by College Humor, I realized that I'm completely on Luthor's side when it comes to Superman and could see myself becoming a villain to try and take this douchebag down.  Yeah I'm a bit ridiculous.  Let's check out this video of The Dark Knight Meets Superman and you guys can judge for yourselves, or you can just say calm down man it's just a parody cartoon.  My ridiculousness is very passionate, that's all I can say.


No comments:

Post a Comment