Sunday, September 28, 2014

DC Comics Best Covers of the Week 9/27/14

Finally, the last week of the Futures End Event.  I'm not saying the Event was bad (actually, I am), it's just that I hate those 3D covers so much.  I can't wait to get back to the regular series with their regular stories and their regular covers.  That being said, there were a couple of covers I liked this week.  Of course, I am a huge Green Arrow fan so it was not hard for me to select my favorite.  Enough chit chat...on with the covers.













Cover of the Week







The New 52: Futures End #21 (Ryan Sook)

Like I said, I'm a huge Green Arrow fan, but this cover has so much more.  Deathstroke, Grifter, Powergirl, Emiko...it's just pure coolness.  It's such an action packed cover and features the one thing missing for so long...Ollie's awesome beard!  Congrats to Ryan Sook on this one.  Eric's review of the Issue is Here.















Runners Up

Harley Quinn: Futures End #1 (Amanda Conner and Paul Mounts)

Amanda Conner is one of the best cover artists out there.  This cover continues to show why.  Having the Joker doesn't hurt, but it's Harley that does it for me.  In comics, you can't always judge a book by it's cover, but this one only hints at the fun and mayhem inside.  I haven't reviewed it yet (it's going up sometime today), but I have read it and can tell you it's one of my favorite Futures End issues.









Batman: Eternal #25 (Jason Fabok and Brad Anderson)

I know that people are split in their opinion of Hush, but there is no denying how cool this cover is.  Jason Fabok and Brad Anderson nail it with Hush rising from a burning Gotham, gun in one hand, cowl in the other.  It's just so badass.  I'm so lazy and have not read this yet.  I seem to have that problem with Baternal.












Star Spangled War Stories featuring G.I. Zombie: Futures End #1 (Dave Johnson)

Besides having the longest damn name of any issue I can remember, it has a kick ass cover.  This is one of the few 3D covers I've really enjoyed because it has fun with the concept.  It's like a cheesy 3D horror movie where eyballs and severed limbs jumped off the screen at the audience who are wearing those blue and red cardboard glasses.  No fancy new wave 3D for me.  Nope, I like the shitty old kind.  I haven't read this one yet.  I told you, I'm lazy.










Best Bed Covers of the Week

I usually feature a cover song here, but this week I'm changing it up a bit and giving my pick of coolest bed covers.  They are both awesome and for some reason, both make me hungry.  Very Odd.





See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment