Tuesday, September 30, 2014

You Mean I Have To Mail Something? DC's 75th Anniversary of Batman Adds Stamps


I guess I can admit that these stamps look pretty cool, but that doesn't take away from the fact that they're still stamps.  For the mass majority of us out there, we all love Batman and Batman related things and what better an opportunity to blast the market place in the face with Bat merch than the characters 75th anniversary?  The quick answer is it doesn't really matter because we'll always buy The Bat.  Now while all the philatelists out there, that's stamp collectors to you and me, might be getting all wet over the announcement of a collection of stamps, I've left wondering, "Do I keep these?  Do I have to get a pen pal?"  Maybe the simple answer is that I simply buy them, lick'em a bit and "Puttin' On The Ritz".  Yeah that's a stretch to try and make a joke, but isn't that what Taco's "Puttin' On The Ritz" was all about?  Stamps?  I'll go with it and you'll go with your new sweet stamp collection you can get over at DC Comics main page.  A little nostalgia for those of you that are stuck in the digital age.


No comments:

Post a Comment