Friday, October 24, 2014

Justice League United Annual #1 Preview

Written By: Jeff Lemire
Art By: Neil Edwards, Jay Leisten
Cover Price: $3.99
Release Date: October 29, 2014




The Infinitus Saga begins as the Legion of Super-Heroes arrive with the shocking news that the 31st century has been destroyed! Now it’s up to the Justice League United to save the future!


I can't tell you how much I love the idea of having a Legion of Superheroes story beginning in this Annual.  My only concern is man, do we have a lot going on in this book.  As much as I enjoy all the characters involved in the JLU, I find myself getting bored with the issues each month.  It just seems like there's too much going on and since there is so much going on, that means a lot more exposition than normal and that makes me a sleepy boy.  So dig this, we've got Supergirl, Stargirl, Animal Man and Green Arrow out in space trying to recover the body of Hawkman because they think somebody's up to no good with it and back on Earth we have Martian Manhunter, Alanna Strange, The Ultra Baby and Equinox now taking on the fight for the future.  I don't know about you but going toe to toe with Mon-El sounds like a recipe for a bad day.  Can you see why I'm concerned with the amount of story going on here?  I really hope that this comic picks up the pace, so I can escape snoozeville every time I read about these wonderful characters.  









No comments:

Post a Comment