Sunday, December 21, 2014

Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #29 Review

Written by: Dan Abnett
Art by: Eduardo Francisco
Cover Price: $0.99
Release Date: December 14, 2014

The Quest For Peace...Sort Of


Last issue of Infinite Crisis involved an issue long fight between Batman, Superman and Alexander Luthor on the Gaslight Earth. I actually enjoyed it and it ended with Hawkgirl showing up ready to kick some Luthor ass.  Pretty cool.  It hasn't happened much with this book, but I was looking forward to this issue.  I shouldn't have put down my guard because Dan Abnett returned to form and hit me with a right cross.  What I meant by that awful metaphor was that this issue was not good.  Not good at all.



We open this issue with Hawkgirl continuing her attack on Luthor and introducing herself to Batman and Robin.  Each part has it's problems, but the most uncomfortable goes to Hawgirl hitting on Superman.  Then Catwoman comes out of "hiding" and it somehow gets worse.  I really like Dan Abnett so I'm not sure what is going on with this book.  I would venture to say that he's mailing it in, but he doesn't seem to be that kind of guy.  I'm just left confused.

I'm also confused with Alexander Luthor.  Not with him, but with everyone around him.  It was obvious a couple issues that he was using his mind control device for peace and while it's not nice to do what he did, it was for peace.  How may people lived because of him?  Oh well, Batman and Superman are pissed at him, so he must be bad.

Then we get a convoluted explanation and connection between Luthor and the Earth engines located on the other Earths.  Someone stole his plans.  Really?!?  I don't even see how that is possible or makes any sense whatsoever.  After all this nonsense, Hawkgirl wants to join in on the fun.  I like Hawkgirl, so I'll take her any way we can get her.  However, the issue ends with one of my favorite characters in this book seemingly dead.  It's not a shock at all, it's just sad.

Eduardo Francisco's art is good for the most part.  I like everything in this issue except Superman.  Since he's featured, it's a bit more than a minor problem.  I do like his Hawkgirl a lot, though.

Bits and Pieces:

Leave it to this book to follow up a good issue with one so confusing and bad.  The story makes no sense and is just a thinly veiled attempt to get a team together.  It shouldn't be a shock because that's what this whole series has been.  Oh well, I'll just hope for something better next week.  Someday my wishes will all come true.

3.0/10

No comments:

Post a Comment